This is a vocational 2-year course offering students the opportunity to work with professional dance practitioners who are currently working within the industry. This course is aimed at students who wish to embark upon a career in dance and performing arts and wish to apply to Dance Conservatoires or Universities.
The Dance Academy combines full-time academic study with preparing for a professional career in the world of dance. It is constructed to give students extensive training in different dance genres, developing a more versatile dancer.
Over the two years, the unique programme will give students the opportunity to develop
- Creativity and choreographic skills both individually and in groups through choreography.
- Performance skills through a vast array of performance opportunities, both locally and nationally.
- Technique development in a range of styles from contemporary to ballet, jazz and street dance.
Practical classes are led by Dance teachers and industry professions who have trained at top dance degree schools such as London Contemporary Dance School and The Laban Centre, to West End performers, and RAD professionals.
Students will complete the Level 3 National Extended Certificate in Performance (Dance).
This is the equivalent to 1 A-Level.
Is this course right for me?
You should be a keen dancer with an aptitude for Dance. You will have had the opportunity to develop dance skills through previous dance training.
How to apply
To apply for entry onto this course you must have completed the following:
- Passed with a 5 or above in GCSE English Language
- Passed with 9-6 at GCSE Dance, an equivalent BTEC course or have substantial practical dance experience
- Attend a workshop audition in dance
To begin, complete the online 6th Form application form by clicking here. Once we have received your application, we will contact you to arrange your audition and an interview.